Sunday, April 18, 2010

update......

Hello all.
You will be happy to know that the poster presentation went off without a hitch. I totally blacked out during my oral presentation but I must have managed to talk about my research becuase I passed :) yay. for those that are curious, i will include my poster below.

Now the semester is closing in on me. It is tough to stay focused. I have a list of stuff that I have to complete before I graduate and it is steadily getting smaller, which you would think would feel great, but it doesnt.

I have been applying to some jobs, but am really sick of getting rejected and dealing with the whole mess that I am thinking about just letting it go for the next couple of weeks and focusing on enjoying what little time I have left in school. The job outlook looks so bleak it really isnt very fun. Also I will be starting all over in a new town again soon enough that I just want to enjoy the people here for a little bit before I run ahead to my life.

I dont really have much to add, I submitted some of my work to the SLIS journal b-sides. I will post the link to it after it has been peer reviewed and published. I am also in a few short minutes going to be peer reviewing another article about digital preservation..... fun I know.
I will be heading off to chicago in a few days to attend the Midwest Archives Conference there and heres hoping I will make some fabulous contacts :)

cheers

just kidding on the poster upload, apparently bloggers dont like pdfs :( I cant get it to upload

1 comment:

  1. hey if any of you know how to get blogger to let me upload my poster file let me know :)

    ReplyDelete