Friday, October 16, 2009

fashion....

so my roommate, who is a bald law student who wears batman shirts, told me that i need to re-evaluate my wardrobe. only not that nicely. He told me that he wants to nominate me for what not to wear , and then proceeded to ridicule the shirt i wore today. He has not realized he touched a nerve. Normally i would say fuck it, if i was trying to impress you, i would walk around naked a whole lot more then what i do now. but the other part of me is saying awwww, sad times. i knew i looked like crap and that i am the ugly kid that you buy stuff for because you feel sorry for him/her because you know they have no friends and are just seriously unfortunate looking. This is why i pretended not to exist in hs. if no one pays attention to you, no one mocks or ridicules you. it is a useful meathod of surviving in a small town. and it actually has prepared me very well for my chosen career. (lets face it most librarians are not reknown for thier extroverted charismic personalities) they are reknown for being the invisible helpers that make information useful and helping you locate it and teaching you how to locate it. once you look deeper you realize that they are also very inovative and are actually pretty charismatic in thier own right, its just burried a bit deaper then a normal person. anyways...i am out of time on my lunch break. i really am just writing this because im pissed and i have no outlet becuase if i get upset about it, nic will just laugh at me, and if i try to change it, i will have to stop eating because my food budget is the same as my clothes budget....which expains alot.

also to make matters worse...i have a date tonight and lord knows the self-esteeme is very high when your critizied before you even have your coffee (ehh, thats right before coffee, ridiculous) so it should be a fun and very self conscious time tonight (especially when you add in the fact that i dont think i have actually ever been on a first date...im usually in a relationship by the time i actually go out on a date with a person.....meh)

1 comment:

  1. Pish-posh. I know you. You're a sarcastic asshole. Well, to me anyway. You're rather nice to most everyone else you meet. You're not that quiet either... not anymore! Don't feel so self-repressed and ugly duckling. You're not even ugly! You're part of the small population of natural blondes. You may not be a fashionista, but that's not what you went to school for either. Also, you're not looking to impress anyone. Sometimes it's studying/books vs. looking good. By golly gosh, that appearance factor sure slides down when the words pile up.
    Tell your roommate to shove it.

    ReplyDelete