Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tea, candles, and newsletters

Ive spent the last two hours with tea, a candle, and my laptop. I have been catching up on all of my library newsletters. Now non-library people many not completely comprehend the amount of newletters i am supposed to read in a week. its a little ridiculous. well its a little ridiculous how much i am supposed to read in a week anyhow. its just not humanly possible people (and by people i mean professors). anyways, the newsletters. Tonight has been a vain attempt to figure out what i am going to do my poster presentation on. now a poster presentation is my culminating event that i have to do inorder to graduate. it is a pass or fail type of thing and while it is actually supposed to be much easier then a thesis (and much more useful for library types, since honestly we dont need to prove we can research, we are dedicating our life to it after all) it is however a little difficult considering my program has what i can only describe as crap for research components to the classes. i have no project, i have some papers and research i could use but they are not interesting and are not useful to me in my chosen career path. So i am reading news letter in hopes that some event or discussion will strike me as increadibly interesting and i can write a paper or an outline or something so that i can turn it into my poster presentaion in a few months.....not having any luck fyi, hence i am now on my blog. why am i sharing this with you, well because i was sitting reading and couldnt help but thing that good lord there has to be a better way to do this...why oh why did i not go to a different program? that is the question people, i have no answer and just frustration about it but that is why i am sharing, because the frustration will eat me alive if i do not share it with someone and since really only my friend lita reads this, i figured this would be just as useful as texting her. adios, i must continue on my perpetual quest of something useful and interesting in the library science field.

1 comment:

  1. Reading through school materials to find something interesting to write on. Oh, how i miss that.
    I told you, just abandon ship! Go be a history professor... you and breuninger could be bff.

    ReplyDelete